4.13.2010

Crazy!

I made a GREAT pull this weekend - another Sweet Spot hit (more on that in a later post) - so I started dreaming of an Albert Pujols auto. Went searching on eBay, found a few nice, reasonable possibilities, which I didn't end up bidding on, but also came across this:

2001 Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome Rookie RC 141/500 AUTO


From the one side of this auction, I'm thinking, "Damn, I'd love to have pulled that. Seven grand for a card! Probably from a $5 pack originally. If only...." The other side thinks, "Damn, seven grand for a card? I'd rather have a car than that. Or redo my basement! Or pay off some of my mortgage! Or even buy a case of Exquisite or Black or Sterling!"

Is there another card bubble in the offing?

(BTW, for $7k, I'd at least expect free shipping!)

No comments: