12.27.2009

Post-Holiday Shopping Spree

I had some cash burning a hole in my wallet, so I wandered on down to the local card shop, where the owner was trying to clear out some older packs so he wouldn't have to inventory them come the first of the year. Just my luck! Lots of stuff half-price!

Here's a sampling of what I came up with.

2009 Sweet Spot Sweet Beginnings Gold Tommy Hanson auto 135/199 (this was the only full-price stuff I bought - $18 per pack - I'm hooked on it!)


2008 SPX Carlos Zambrano patch 17/50 - $10/pack (usually $20)


2009 UD Icons Everth Cabrera Rookie Signature 293/600 - $5/pack (usually $10)


2009 UD Icons Letterman Joe Nathan 03/45


2009 UD Icons Letterman Kent Hrbek 50/50


2008 SPX Ken Griffey American Hero #KG91 1/1!


Nice take for only a few packs. OK, so there were more than a few packs, but not a case. Busting packs and getting this many things is not normal, at least not for me.

I also ended up taking the last five packs of 2009 Goudey at $2.50 per pack. Great price! Better than Tar-zhay and Wally World. And what do you know, I ended up getting three SP's and one 4-in-1 that I needed, on top of the base. Plus two blue-back minis. I'm very happy with the SP's on those packs. I would normally pay $3 for each of those short prints, so this was a great deal.

There are a few other things I got that will all being going on my Picasa trade page (see the links to the right, under "Give & Take"). If you want something, make me an offer. My email address is also in the right-hand column.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, sweet patch!

That 1/1 ain't bad either, lol.