1.12.2009

A Heaping Envelope of Nachos Grandes

Chris from Nachos Grandes sent me some set-building-blocks that I've been looking for, including some '08 Goudey and some '08 A&G. Thanks to everyone's generosity, I'm that much closer now to finishing off a few of these sets before the new sets for '09 start appearing on the store shelves. 

The '08 Goudeys included a couple of the Hit Parade of Champions. They are interesting little cards, and from what I can tell, they are tributes to the 1951 and 1952 Berk Ross cards

Chris also sent a few of the A&G inserts World's Greatest Victories. If David beating Goliath isn't one of the world's greatest ever, than I don't know what is! But Team Orange? Maybe in mythology, but not in reality - y'know, like David and Goliath!


These are also the Break the Code cards from the set, which has already been won, long ago, by someone who probably should work for the NSA. I don't know that I would have ever been able to break that code, much less find all the Team Orange mini cards that have a player with a mustache. That's too much effort and money.

Thanks for the great cards, Chris.

2 comments:

Sooz said...

I was wondering last night if someone broke the code. Glad to have found out.

Nachos Grande said...

Glad you liked 'em!!